Stay Informed and Take Action
From the start, Occupy Wall Street has always been a disaster recovery effort propelled by the power of the people to rebuild a better future. We, along with our many allies, have been dedicated to more than just addressing economic inequality. We believed, and continue to believe, that New York City can reverse its role as the capitol of economic inequality, homelessness and corporate control over our democracy, and become a model for addressing the needs of its residents while promoting their dignity and ability to help shape our future.
In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, yet again we see both an opportunity and a threat. As Hurricane Katrina showed, moments of devastation and rebuilding can lead to the return of the status quo, or worse — gentrification, displacement and continued privatization of basic services and jobs
- We are dedicated to seeing that that does not happen here in New York City.
- And we are dedicated to ensuring participation and transparency in this process.
- We know another world is possible and we are committed to working with our neighbors to build it.
Stand with Us!
We are planning a day of action on December 15th. To stay informed about this issue or to join us on the 15th, please fill out this form
- Share this page on Facebook
- Send a Tweet: Bloomberg’s stealth visit to the Rockaways, and join Occupy Sandy for a call to action on 12/15 http://bit.ly/Tth0sQ #occupysandy #ows
- Stay Informed and Pledge Support!