The deadline to apply for disaster assistance from FEMA has been extended to Jan. 28, 2013. You can apply for assistance for apartment damage, lost personal items, or lost wages due to Sandy.
- For more information or to apply: www.DisasterAssistance.gov
- By phone: 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)
- TTY: 1-800-462-7585
- 711 or Video Relay Service: 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)
- Mobile device: m.fema.gov
When you apply for disaster assistance please have the following available:
- Social Security Number (including your spouse’s)
- Private insurance information, if available
- Address and zip code of the damaged property
- Directions to the damaged home or property
- Daytime telephone number
- A telephone number where we can reach you or leave a message
- An address where you can get mail
- If you want your disaster assistance funds sent directly to your bank, provide the FEMA agent with your bank account type (savings/checking), account number and routing number
Disaster recovery assistance for eligible recipients is available without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status.