Occupy Sandy in conjunction with the Beacon High School completed a territory-wide canvass last Thursday and Friday. Our people in Staten Island need help entering some of this data!
What: Data entry!
Where: Project Hospitality, 100 Park Ave, Staten Island
When: Thursday March 21st, 3pm – 8pm
Required: A laptop or tablet
Why: Because you love helping people!
Sign up on our Volunteer Form!
Pizza will be served!
Respond & Rebuild announces a T-Shirt Design Competition! Think You Can? Respond & Rebuild is a volunteer organization started in the wake of Sandy by a group of friends who volunteered together in Haiti. They provide a free service of mucking out, gutting out, removing mold and rebuilding homes of Rockaway residents affected by Hurricane Sandy. www.respondandrebuild.orgContest details:
- Can you hone your graphic design skills on a logo that makes mold removal as hip and cool as the Respond & Rebuild staff makes mold removal?
- Can you design a rockin “Mold-Slayer” T-shirt?
- Can you make “Spore-Busting” the next big thing?
- Can you create a design that is as awesome as the feeling you get when you help clean an NYC family’s home of mold?
- Think You Can?
- Email us your design (find t-shirt templates here), and make sure you have “liked” our facebook page.
- Keep checking back and we will put your design on our Facebook page in our
- “T-Shirt Design Contest” album, then tell your friends to “like” us too so they can vote!
- The three designs with the most votes from our Facebook friends will be voted on by the Respond & Rebuild Team and the winning design will become our first t-shirt!
- Submissions will only be accepted from March 14, 2013 12:00 PM (EST) to April 1st, 2013 11:59 PM (EST).
- Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entry emails should have the subject line “T-shirt Design Contest Submission – First Name, Last Name.”
- Submit one design per person. If you submit more than one, only your first submission in order of date and time will be considered.
- You must be at least 16 years of age to win.
- The Design must include “Respond & Rebuild” in the logo somewhere in the design.
- Submit only original designs. These designs must not contain copyrighted material and they cannot have previously won any awards.
- Submit front t-shirt designs only. There should be no text or visuals on the back of the shirt.
- Attach entries as medium resolution JPEG or pdf files.
- Please be prepared to submit the original Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop file in the case your artwork is chosen.
- Any artwork and writing submitted will not be returned, and becomes property of Respond & Rebuild.
NO ADDITIONAL MATERIALS (VIDEOS, SAMPLES, ETC) WILL BE ACCEPTED WITH YOUR SUBMISSION.