A 3-day gathering of workshops, panels, concerts & performances to unite for a more equitable & sustainable rebuilding in Sandy's wake.
JOIN US February 1st – 3rd
Restore Power to the People: Build Back Better!
A 3-day city-wide gathering of workshops, panels, concerts and performances to unite for a more equitable and sustainable rebuilding in Sandy’s wake.
Registration is Now Open
Register securely online at: http://summit.peoplesrecovery.org/
- Conference only – $20
- Conference + concert access – $50
- Students, elders, unemployed – $10
*Full or partial scholarships available based on need
Friday MS/HS Youth Summit: https://www.facebook.com/events/392061107549534/
For more info:
- Connecting the dots between residents + advocates
- Connect environmental + economic justice, build better relationships between organizations towards a stronger, multi-tiered rebuilding process
- Gather intelligence on what the City/State/Federal government are/aren’t doing, and what we need them to do
- Unveil a Sandy Report with policy suggestions for equitable/accountable development
- A human rights focus: accountability, transparency, participation
- Focus the conversation on equitable real estate development
- Community Toolkit of best practices for organizers + affected residents
- Needs assessment at Summit
- Sandy Pledge for politicians
- Non-violent direct action training
- Participatory budgeting (included in pledge)
We are looking to make the People's Recovery Summit accessible for everyone irregardless of economic status and we will need your support to do so. To help send a person to the conference free of charge register on our website and indicate that it as a donation. We also accept sponsorships which will allow us to send larger numbers of Sandy affected new york city residents to the summit free of charge.